Our Global Presence
Volvo Group in short
Number of Volvo Group employees.
Countries we have production facilities in.
Markets we sell our products in.
Good demand in many markets
Since the streamlining towards commercial vehicles was initiated more than twenty years ago, the?Volvo Group has?grown into the world’s second largest manufacturer of?heavy-duty trucks and?one of the largest manufacturers of?buses, coaches and construction equipment and is today also a?leading manufacturer of heavy-duty diesel engines and marine and industrial engines. In 2018, demand continued to be on?good levels in many markets around the world.
Financial figures - Europe, 2018
- Net sales: SEK 160,591 M (141,597)
- Share of net sales: 41% (43)
- Number of regular employees: 49,694 (47,561)
- Share of Group regular employees: 54% (55)
- Registrations of heavy-duty trucks in Europe 30 continued to be high, increasing by 4% compared to 2017.
- Volvo Trucks’ market share of 15.9% was somewhat lower than the?historically high level of 16.8% in 2017. Renault?Trucks regained some market share to 8.9% (8.6).
- The construction equipment market grew by 13%, driven by strong growth in?Russia and growth in Germany, the UK, France and Italy.
Financial figures - Africa & Oceania, 2018
- Net sales: 25,182 M (21,391)
- Share of net sales: 6% (7)
- Number of regular employees: 2,474 (2,361)
- Share of Group regular employees: 3% (3)
- Demand for trucks in Australia was very strong.
- The heavy-duty truck market in South Africa increased by some 6% to 20,000 units, while demand in northern Africa continued to be weak.
- Overall, demand for construction equipment in countries with large mining exposure was on good levels.
Financial figures - Asia, 2018
- Net sales: SEK 76,976 M (68,511)
- Share of net sales: 20% (20)
- Number of regular employees: 16,888 (16,526)
- Share of Group regular employees: 18% (19)
- The Chinese market for construction equipment grew by 33%, with continued positive development in large excavators, compact excavators and wheel loaders.
- Out of the Group’s main truck markets in Asia, both the Japanese as well as the Chinese and the Indian heavy-duty truck market increased compared to 2017.
Financial figures - North America, 2018
- Net sales: SEK 106,948 M (83,998)
- Share of net sales: 28% (25)
- Number of regular employees: 17,845 (15,882)
- Share of Group regular employees: 19% (18)
- The heavy-duty truck market increased by 27% compared to 2017.
- Volvo Trucks regained market share while Mack lost some share. Volvo Trucks came in on 10.3% (8.3) and Mack on 6.7% (7.3).
- Continued success for the Group’s captive engines and gearboxes contributed to a positive development in the service business.
- The construction equipment market grew, mainly due to increased demand for excavators, articulated haulers, large wheel loaders and road machinery products.
Financial figures - South America, 2018
- Net sales: SEK 21,138 M (17,241)
- Share of net sales: 5% (5)
- Number of regular employees: 5,228 (4,774)
- Share of Group regular employees: 6% (5)
- Demand in the important Brazilian truck market increased strongly, with an increase of 67% for heavy-duty trucks.
- Demand in other South American markets was on good levels.
- The South American construction equipment market increased by 24% from very low levels, mainly driven by growth in Brazil.